Some people just don’t know what’s good for them. Here are some convincing arguments. Who knows–you may even get a raise.
It’s true. Some bosses just don’t have the same visionary qualities as their employees. Down in the trenches, you tend to look for any solutions that are going to make your job easier and more productive. In the “ivory tower,” they look for bottom-line results and often don’t take (or even know about) the most efficient way to get there.
The thing is, you’re both working toward the same objectives: getting prospects and leads who can be converted to lucrative and loyal customers.
First, a Quick Summary of What Hubspot Can Do For the Company
- Contact management to streamline data entry
- Daily dashboards to view progress, pipelines, and tasks
- Task management to increase efficiency in daily workflows
- Content repository so the sales team can find the collateral they need
- Automated data capture that automatically logs calls and emails
- Export and distribute trends with timely reports
- Mobile capabilities to empower sales teams and remote workers
- Marketing automation integration. Don't lose information or opportunities
- Make more money. Hubspot partners are seeing revenue increases of an average of 50%
This is just a very short list. HubSpot offers what you need, no matter where you are on your journey.
You know you need the best customer relationship software out there to keep the company growing and profitable. In short, YOU know your company needs Hubspot, but how in the heck can you get your boss to understand WHY? It’s frustrating. But stop banging your head against that wall. Here are some great selling points that will convince even the most doubtful boss that Hubspot is the revenue-generating machine of their dreams.
Hubspot is the best inbound software on the market, with a robust set of features that are flexible, cohesive, and empowering.
Hubspot helps your company run better to move you to the head of the pack. Over 158,000 companies use HubSpot’s powerful tools–including your company’s competitors.
It’s an all-in-one tool that aligns your marketing, sales, and service to attract new customers while delivering consistent results to your current customers. No more switching to (or paying for) a different platform for existing customers and prospects.
It’s easy to create and optimize content for different audiences, nurture leads, and monitor contacts once they become customers to see how well your marketing is working and make changes as necessary to improve it.
Once you have your marketing sorted, the sales team can use the information to gain deep insights into prospects. Hubspot, unlike some other CRMs, wasn’t put together with different pieces of software gained through acquisition. It was wholly created by HubSpot, and because of that, it offers some benefits other CRMs don’t:
- Flexibility. HubSpot can be customized for your unique business needs without becoming a complex mess. You can purchase hubs either together or separately and use features like custom objects so you can see what works for your company.
- Empowerment. Without HubSpot, your boss might be working in the dark without the information to not only develop a sound business and marketing strategy but the insights needed to tweak it as needed for better performance and increased revenue.
- Cohesion. Everything you need is in HubSpot. There’s no more switching from one platform to another (or paying for other platforms) to nurture leads or serve current customers.
Inbound marketing can convert leads 10x more effectively than outbound.
Traditional marketing had its day, and now it’s time to move on. Why spend more to get less? Inbound marketing blows traditional marketing out of the water with three times (yes, three times) more leads per dollar spent. Plus:
- Outbound leads are expensive. Inbound leads have been shown to cost an average of 61% less than those outbound leads the company has been relying on.
- When your company relies mainly on inbound marketing, it can save about $14 per new customer acquisition.
- The savings keep on coming: after five months of consistently using inbound marketing, the cost per lead drops 80% on average.
- Inbound marketing produces 54% more leads.
- The average site conversion rate sits at 6%. Inbound marketing doubles that to 12%.
- HubSpot makes sure you get the most out of your ad budget. Ad optimization events send a single to Google whenever one of your contact’s stage changes to improve the algorithm.
For an inbound strategy, you can’t beat Hubspot. You can use Hubspot CRM and some of the marketing tools absolutely free. And it’s an all-in-one platform - you can automate marketing, sales, and lead generation without spending money to slap together a bunch of tools that don’t really work.
But what about the ROI?
You have to spend money to make money, they say. But you probably know that let-down feeling when you think something is going to be great for your business but ends up being too difficult to use or is so expensive that it takes five years to get a decent ROI.
Five years? That’s a lifetime in business. Here’s what HubSpot can do for you in just a single year:
- HubSpot Sales Hub users close 36% more deals on average
- You’ll see your deal close rate increase by 109%
- Aquire 129% more leads
- Use Marketing Hub and an increase of 113% more traffic to your website
- See email click-through rates increase 121%
- Using CMS and Marketing Hubs, you’ll see four times the number of inbound leads than if you use CMS Hub alone
- Watch your average deal amount increase by 18%
Sales Hub will also help your reps close two times more deals. And when it comes to customer service, Service Hub can increase your ticket close rate by 37%.
HubSpot is super easy to use.
From a revenue standpoint, ease of use for any software is important. After all, the company doesn’t want to spend tons of money on training. HubSpot offers a simple layout that makes navigating all of its powerful tools easy. This, in turn, has led to higher conversion rates.
It could be an urban legend, but they say that when HubSpot did its UX and UI research, it included a drunk user. They wanted to make sure that even if someone was inebriated, they could effectively use and navigate the platform effectively. Easy-peasy.
A continuing inbound marketing education
HubSpot Academy offers everything from practical courses you can take quickly to certifications. You can learn everything you need to know to do effective inbound marketing.
And best of all (your boss with love this), it’s online, free, and offers hundreds of topics to grow employee knowledge while growing the business.
It gets sales and marketing on the same page
It’s frustrating when the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing, and it may seem impossible to align sales and marketing. But HubSpot, while not a miracle worker, makes it possible. The wide array of available sales tools means that instead of scrambling to fix the disconnect, you get closed-loop reporting from new leads to customers.
- Companies that have a strong alignment between sales and marketing teams show an average of a 20% increase in revenue.
- When sales and marketing are aligned, it can drive up growth by as much as 35%
- This is because both teams move in concert to meet sales goals.
- It also creates a more cohesive customer experience (vitally important today)
- You can retain 36% more customers
- Win rates can go up 38%
- Resources can be shared, which lowers your cost.
You’ll also benefit from higher brand awareness and a larger average purchase size.
Lack of alignment can cost you. Without it:
- Despite the fact that your marketing budget keeps going up, you’re not getting new customers or loyalty from current ones
- The sales team complains about wasted time on bad leads
- You are missing growth opportunities on a day-to-day basis
- The sales team isn’t paying attention to important purchasing trends that are uncovered by marketing team research
- You provide a disjointed buying experience that’s full of friction. Are sales putting out one message and your marketing another?
Then there are the hidden costs of a lack of alignment that come in the form of a damaged brand reputation. Remember, the internet has everything, and the internet never forgets. Bad reviews and dissatisfied customers can spell disaster: a negative review shouts to the world how you let a customer down.
HubSpot makes it easy to identify prospects
Opportunity regularly knocks when you use HubSpot. An awesome prospecting tool in HubSpot tracks IP addresses and can tell you which companies are paying regular visits to your website (watch your boss rub their hands together gleefully as you tell them that).
This means potential customers are flagged and provide you with active leads. This gives you an opportunity to nurture them into conversion by pushing content that’s relevant to them.
Finding the right prospects is important. Not everyone is a good fit. Aligning your marketing content with the interest and needs of your best prospects makes them feel you understand them and can solve their pain points.
This, in turn, contextualizes them in the sales cycle, qualifies them, and saves you time and money.
Monitor the entire buyer’s journey
Does your company’s sales team know exactly the right time to pounce? Push too early, and prospects back away. Hit them at the right time, and you improve cash flow. It’s a simple concept but one that’s impossible without a tool like HubSpot.
With HubSpot, you can see every step of the buyer’s journey for each contact. See when:
- They first become a lead
- Which pages they’ve looked at
- When they’ve become a customer
Knowing your customer’s buying journey is vital to:
- Create effective and targeted inbound marketing campaigns that deliver
- Retain customers, which is more profitable than new customer acquisition. Just a 5% increase in retention can increase revenues by 25% to 95%.
- You’ll be able to sell your products and services to every customer at just the right time.
- You can align your sales process with the journey to establish trust and connection
- Your sales team will get a better feel for how buyers make decisions so they can fine-tune communications and qualify leads quickly.
Get automatic updates for the sales team
John Smith, one of your company’s contacts, has just downloaded something from your website. To do that, they have to give their name and email address. When they do that, HubSpot automatically adds that information to Mr. Smith’s contact profile.
If he downloads something else a few weeks later and gives more information, such as his phone number, his profile updates again. This gives the sales team even more information they can use, and it’s all in one easy tool: HubSpot.
You can also use HubSpot data to build a sales card to see how each member of the sales team is performing, what they do well, what they do poorly, and what opportunities have been missed.
You find out if your marketing is actually working
Your boss may think everything is great when they actually have no real idea. They take the word of the marketing and sales teams that provide no real, concrete data.
That’s no way to run a business. That isn’t something you should actually say to your boss, but you can point out that HubSpot provides the means to see the performance of a single HubSpot campaign and measure its impact on contacts, deals, and website traffic.
- The number of contacts that have engaged with campaign assets
- The website traffic to campaign assets
- Newly created contacts (first touch) that went to the website for the first time as a direct result of the campaign
- Converted new contacts (last touch) that were converted as a direct result of the campaign.
- The number of unique contacts who engaged with one or more campaign assets and were converted. (influenced contacts)
- The total revenue of the closed won influenced deals
Through the HubSpot Reports tool, you can view all the standard reports or create custom ones. This means records and activities can be analyzed through custom dashboards based on any metric for sales, marketing, or customer service.
This provides a centralized data repository that lets you build deeply customizable reports in seconds, send reports directly to relevant people on a regular schedule, and view data in a way that’s easily understandable. Your boss will finally have a clear way of measuring ROI.
Automation, Automation, Automation
With HubSpot, the marketing team can automate emails. This means hitting prospects and customers where they live. Automate your emails after they take specific actions, such as downloading content, making a purchase, or signing up for your email list.
Email automation makes nurturing contacts easy by working behind the scenes to engage with your potential customers while the marketing team puts their feet up. Oops, not really. It allows them to work on more important, revenue-generating ideas instead of sending out emails.
With email automation, the company gains the ability to carefully plan what content each contact receives depending on how they interacted with earlier communications. Inbound success relies on nurturing leads until they become customers, and nurturing takes personalization.
- When you personalize the email experience, 80% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase.
- Personalized emails boost revenue and transaction rates by six times
- An automated email brings 320% more revenue than non-automated emails
With email automation, you can create drip campaigns that automatically send emails when a contact takes a specific action. Each stage of this workflow can be customized–marketing decides how long between automated emails and decision branches can be created.
Hubspot has found that personalized content does 178% better than content that is not personalized. But you don’t have to take their word for it. Hyper-personalization rules the day and the wallet, as these stats gathered by Forbes prove:
- 71% of consumers get frustrated with an impersonal shopping experience
- 70% of millennials hate irrelevant emails
- 91% of consumers want to shop with brands that provide personalized recommendations
- A personalized experience makes 80% of consumers more likely to make a purchase
Those are the positives (there are more, but these numbers are pretty compelling on their own). If your company doesn’t personalize the customer experience or does it badly, this happens:
- If you use poor personalization tactics, 63% of people will stop buying from your company
- Everyone wants personalized content, but 66% of consumers say if it isn’t personalized, they will not make a purchase
- Want to annoy your customers? 42% say it irks them when you don’t personalize content
The good news is that 82% of people are willing to share their data so you can create the experience they want.
Today’s marketing is relationship-driven, and with HubSpot, smart content and personalization are built in so you can easily personalize content, whether it’s a landing page, website pages, emails, and every other point of contact.
And it’s easy: just hit the personalization token to pull through the contact’s properties. You’ll see a vast improvement in your metrics, increase conversion rates, and create long-term relationships that build loyalty.
SEO expertise that makes content optimization easy
SEO can be a nightmare and can take a lot of time. With HubSpot’s integrated SEO tools, it’s easy to optimize content and build authority for topics that matter to shoot your content to the top of search engine results.
It’s about outranking the competition, after all, and HubSpot makes it easy. When you create a landing page, website page, or blog, HubSpot will provide timely, on-page helpful SEO advice. Integrated content tools mean you can create content clusters around core topics.
By tracking the performance of your content, you can tweak it as needed to stay on top. But what does that mean? Here’s how SEO impacts your business in the long term:
- Increased website traffic
- Boosted brand awareness
- It’s cost-effective: you’ll spend your money driving the most interested leads
- You’ll reach more people who are interested in your business
- Websites that have made an investment in SEO get more than 50% of total internet traffic
By analyzing SEO data, you can:
- Hone your marketing to attract just the right customer
- Improve the user experience–an optimized experience increases revenues by up to 400%
- increase the amount of time a visitor spends on your website, so you have more time to sell
- Increases touchpoints without paying for PPC ads
- Keeps ad spend in check. Without SEO, you can pay up to 400% more for ads because of lack of conversion
SEO gets you the best possible ROI on all of your digital marketing efforts.
Find out who is really interested in your product or service
Why waste time on leads that really aren’t? HubSpot offers lead scoring that lets you assign values, so you know how each lead has engaged. This means that each lead can be prioritized for marketing and sales.
Never miss another revenue opportunity
Your boss (and the sales manager) will really love this one. HubSpot knows that the sales team needs the most important information immediately. They get what they need via deal boards where they can qualify leads and prospects using contact properties, including lifecycle stage and lead status.
When the sales team has an SQL, they can head over to the deals board to create a deal to track revenue opportunities. Deals also can be associated with contacts and companies in the HubSpot accounts so context and relevant records can be viewed in one place.
But wait, there’s more!
You can customize your deal properties to track the information you need to align everything with business processes. Nice!
Fast and easy ABM strategy setup
Want some recommendations from artificial intelligence? HubSpot’s got that, as well as default properties and workflow templates you can use for your ABM strategy, and they are adding new tools all the time.
There are tons of handy features, including:
- Targeting at the account level
- Account overviews
- An ABM dashboard
- Company scoring
- Integration with Slack, LinkedIn, and more
All of this makes it easy to sell to high-value accounts, personalize their buyer’s journey, and fine-tune communications to boost ROI and customer loyalty.
No business should rest on its past accomplishments. That’s why HubSpot doesn’t wait to release new features or improve on existing ones. They have their finger on the pulse of the business landscape and know how quickly things change.
Every month, HubSpot shares a list of product updates that are constantly updated, so you can add the very latest tools to your arsenal.
This list, while extensive, doesn’t even begin to describe what HubSpot can do (and we didn’t even touch on the website-building component):
- Improve customer relationships to sell more
- Provide data that aligns action with overall company goals
- It gives your sales and marketing teams the data they need to succeed
- Boosts revenue
- Provides a stellar ROI
- More, and more, and more
HubSpot's integrated CRM platform contains all of the marketing, sales, service, operations, and website-building software needed to grow a business.
Do you or your boss want to learn more? We offer comprehensive virtual HubSpot administrator services for everything you need, including training, proactive monitoring, optimization, on-demand support, and implementation and task help. Your company can take their marketing and sales efforts to the next level.
Just fill out this form.
You May Also Like
These Related Stories